Duct Cable is designed to be pulled into ducts in service ducts of an optical cable communication network. Its non-metallic characteristic enables it to be installed in an environment where there is electrical interference, for example alongside power lines. The cable design is available in unitube (up to 24 loose fibres), multitube (up to 144 fibres) fibre ribbon cable (48 to 576 fibres). The design is lightweight and flexible and able to withstand normal installation forces of strain, crush, bend and twist. Aramid or glass yarn can be added for extra axial pulling strength and glass yarn or polyamide can be used as protection against rodents.
The cable has multiple loose tubes containing optical fibres and jelly. Loose tubes are S-Z stranded around non metallic central strength member (FRP).
- Suitable for blowing in ducts/uPVC pipes.
- MEETS IEC 60794, EIA/TIA, ITU-T, EN 1870000, RUS 1755.900 & Telecodia GR-20 International standards.
- Nylon/LSZH/FRPE as outer Jacketing Available.
- Customized designs are available on request.
- Fibre options: SM (G652B/D, G655 & G657), MM (OM1, OM2 & OM3)
- Dry core construction (non jelly) is optional.
- Rip Cord is optional.
- Composite of various types of fibres (SM & MM).
- Metallic central strength member option available.
- Higher fibre count cable designs are available on request.
||Diameter (mm) Nominal
||Weight (kg/Km) Nominal
|| Tensile Strength
|Crush Resistance (N/10cm)
||Installation (Short Term)
||Operating (Long Term)
||Temporary (10 x D of Cable) Dynamic
||Permanant (20 x D of Cable) Static
|D-72/SM/MTJ (F&G)-MFP- B11.5
||UP TO 72
|D-96/SM/MTJ(F&G MFP B13.0
||74 TO 96
|D-144/SM/MTJ(F&G)MFP B 16.5
||98 TO 144